Thursday, January 1, 2009



Today is the first day of a brand new year, full of good intentions, New Years resolutions and hope for better things to come. We'll see how long that all lasts. One of my resolutions is to take more pictures. I am the worst at that - I just never think about it and am mad at myself that my kids have no pictures of anything but Christmas, birthdays, and Easter. The everyday events are the best, so I want to really work on that. Of course, there is the misguided belief that this is the year I will lose 50 lbs, become a tidier person, read my scriptures ever day, and all that (like everyone else alive). Baby steps, baby steps, I have to remind myself.

So this is my first day, first photo. This is the new couch, the apprently oversized couch that won't fit in my basement. Now that I've had time to live with it for a few days, I think it really worked out for the best since it looks really nice upstairs and gives me something new to look at. Having my computer downstairs will be a good thing, too, I think.

Last night Lane & I just spent a quiet night together. The kids went and slept over at my parents house, Lane had to work a half shift, so he got home at about 8:30 p.m. We went over for a late dinner at Applebees (those workers were MAD that they had to be there!) and then came home and watched Third Rock from the Sun on TVLand and laughed our heads off. I slept until 9:30 this morning! The kids were still at my parents house until 6:30 tonight, so while Lane napped (he has to go to work at 10:00 tonight) I did all the boring stuff like laundry, organizing books on the shelves, vacuumed (Lane finally unclogged the vacuum - third time's the charm!), and did my data entry work.

I have to work tomorrow, back to the grind. I'll be happy to send the kids back to school. I have missed my quiet afternoons while they are gone. We are on the early church schedule this year, hurray! It should be a great Sunday afternoon - Mythbusters has been recording all day long! And on the early schedule, we'll have even more time to veg out and watch it. I'll have to remember to buy more cheetos!

2 comments:

Syme Family said...

Happy New Year!

I think having the blog will help you take more pictures of things you might have not thought about before.

Draper Duo said...

Nice background...it looks so familiar!
I am going to try to lose 20 pounds by summer. Want to work out together? 7am-8am, AF Golds, M-Th? Jesse and Lane could work out together in the afternoon about 3pm...
Also I am supposed to remind you to go pay the deposit for the Rec Center. :)