Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Draper Temple

Engross - to absorb entirely.

Not much new to report on, really. I'm trying to get my visiting teaching done, it's gonna take 3 different outings to visit the 3 sisters. Just couldn't coordinate it this month. Last night we went to Pack Meeting with Jack. He earned his first two pins in Webelos. He was quite proud of that. I think he needs to earn 4 to get his Webelos badge, and 6 to earn his arrow of light, or something like that. Taylor went with the youth from our ward up to the open house at the new Draper temple last night. She has never been to a temple open house before, so she was quite overwhelmed. She was telling us all about it, and it was such a great experience for her. I hope they will get to go visit the new Oquirrh Hills temple when they have that open house. It shouldn't be too far away - last time I drove past there the outside was nearly done, and it has been quite a while since then. I will always remember when I toured the Jordan River Temple back in 1981 or 1982. I was so enthralled with the whole thing I promised myself then and there that that's where I would get married. I wonder if Taylor will want to get married in one of the temples she tours. How lucky we are here to have so many temples so close by, and that the public and the youth can attend the open houses. I think it really makes a deep impression on them.

2 comments:

Syme Family said...

That is cool that she was able to go. I remember going to the Bountiful one. We took BFF Nicole since she wasn't Mormon we thought it might be a good experience. I did not know that Draper was done. We are so out of the loop here in NY!

Syme Family said...

Also, does Taylor love the twilight book? I love them too!