Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Adorable Husband












I managed to catch Lane before he hid his face or threw something at me. He's just relaxing, watching a football game before he goes to work tonight. Today I was helping Taylor sew a shirt. I took her to the fabric store to find a pattern and fabric, and she found a really cute little dress pattern with a jacket. She chose aqua fabric wtih brown polka dots for the dress and brown for the jacket. It will be really cute. She is doing this as a value project for her personal progress, and I was worried that we would have to sew a second project because I didn't think this one would take the required 10 hours. Considering how long it took her to lay out the pattern and cut it out, I have since revised my opinion that it will easily take more than 10 hours! I forget that she is still learning. We managed to get the shoulder seams sewn today before she decided she had had enough for one day. This is going to be my challenge - not taking over and sewing the whole thing myself! It has given me the sewing bug again, so I might have to make another trip back to the fabric store - this time for myself!

No comments: