Friday, January 23, 2009

Dreary!

Dreary - bleak, dismal, dull.
January 22, 2009

I never got yesterdays picture up and I liked it a lot. I took it out the car window with my phone when I picked up Addie from school. I liked how the raindrops were on the window, and the dirty snow is there, and the low clouds, and the bare tree, and the overall dreariness that is January in Utah.


Keepsake - A momento or souvenir; a token or remembrance of friendship.
January 23, 2009

These are not original McGuffey Readers, the last copyright date in them is 1920. I found them in my Grandparents house after they died, and since both grandparents were teachers it makes me think of them. My grandpa, Calvin Walker, has even written his name in the cover of each copy. The lamp is my favorite in the house - I love the soft glow of lamplight, I love the vibrantly colored shade against the green wall.


I had a fun day of sewing today. I finally got the black skirt finished up, and cut out a jumper and jacket, got the jumper almost done. It needs hemmed and the armhole facings are sewn on but not pressed or topstitched. Dumb zippers! It has a 22" zipper in and I had to pull the dang thing out TWICE before I got it in, and still I'm not happy with it, but hoping the jacket will cover it up. I had lunch with Calvin today at a really yummy place in American Fork. I think it was called Hibachi House, I hadn't been there before, but I'll be back! Lane has gone up to help with the Klondike Derby tonight. He's not camping out, but helping in the lodge when people have questions or need to come in to warm up. With this terrible inversion we've got going on, it's probably warmer up in the mountains than it is here! We've had some rain, which has helped to melt some of the ugly snow, but it hasn't been a good enough storm to blow out the inversion. The news reported that the fog in SL at the airport is so bad no planes had been able to land or take off for a couple of hours. I think we are expecting a bigger storm this weekend, so hopefully we'll get some cleaner air!

No comments: