Saturday, January 10, 2009

Teamwork & Lonliness

This is today's picture, Teamwork, taken at Jack's first basketball game of the season. He is #41 with his back to the camera. He played a good game today. He was kind of timid in the first half, but more aggressive in the second half. He got off a good shot, but it bounced off the rim and went out. He also made a good block.


This is to replace yesterday's picture, which I was so unhappy with it kept me awake last night. I made him pose for this one, it's not candid, but I wanted to represent the same thing I was trying to capture last night: the feeling that comes with being punished, the lonliness and sadness, and I think I got it in this picture. I am quite pleased with it - even if Jack isn't very happy with having to pose "sadness," I think he likes the picture, too and helped with as I adjusted the shadows, etc. in photoshop and he was the one who suggested making it a black and white image. I think I'll make a copy of it for him to have because I really like the way it turned out.

No comments: