Thursday, January 29, 2009

Swirl


Swirl - to move with a whirling, rotating motion.
January 29, 2009

I was trying out the new cookie recipe from my photo mentor, Tammy, and thought the dough looked interesting on the beaters. The cookies were delicious! The recipe was super easy and I was done in no time. That's the trouble with baking cookies - the actual baking part. This recipe only made 2 dozen, so now that that the first attempt has proven to be successful, I'll have to bake some more this weekend. I had to go to the DMV to renew my drivers license today. I just don't understand why - during the lunch hour, when the office is FULL - they only have 4 of the 11 windows open. I just don't get it. It's like our post office here in town. No matter how long or short the line is, only 2 windows are open. When that line is long, a person from the behind the wall will walk out to the teller area and survey the situation. So people get all excited, thinking that he is the manager-guy who will go back behind the wall and tell the other workers that more help is needed. But no one ever comes back. That is the same scenario every single time I go to the post office. No kidding. Same sort of thing at the DMV today. Some official looking guy in a blazer would would walk around behind the counter, talk to other people who were milling about, and I thought "Yea! They are gonna open another window!" Nope. They must have just been making Super Bowl bets, because another window never did open - but they did close one! It took 50 minutes to get done there, but considering my past experiences at the DMV, that's record time!

No comments: