Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ballet


Ballet - A classical dance form characterized by grace and precision of movement and by elaborate formal gestures, steps, and poses.
January 28, 2009
My old toe shoes from WAY BACK when I used to dance. I hang them on the wall in my sewing room as a reminder of something I used to love to do. My friend Jennifer and I got permission from our parents to miss school to go to SLC with our ballet teacher (her name was Laurie Walker - weird, huh?) to buy toe shoes. It was a terribly exciting and memorable day. I think I must have been in 8th or 9th grade. I later got another pair that I didn't get to use much before I gave up dancing due to terrible pain in my knees. The other pair doesn't have the worn out toes that these shoes have, so I like these ones better. Memories . . . from the corner of my mind . . . misty water colored memories . . . of the way were were.

No comments: