Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm Booked!


Prepare : To arrange in advance; to provide what is needed; to make complete.

Ok, so this picture doesn't have much to do with anything, except that my original idea didn't work out so I had to find something else. The color of the peaches on my shelf caught my eye, so here we are. I do take great satisfaction, however, in seeing food on my shelves and in knowing that we won't die right away. We'll linger for a little while, anyway. I HATED doing the canning so much as a kid. I swore I would never do it as an adult, or even more important, make my kids help. That would be the worst punishment ever!! Turns out, I kinda enjoy doing the canning. Yes, it's hard work. It's sticky and hot and messy. But there is no greater satisfaction than when that work is done, and knowing that you are doing what needs to be done to be prepared for an emergency.

I got my cruise booked today, for myself and my parents, and am hoping that everyone else will get their reservations made soon. (Are you listening out there??). I love having that anticipation of a great vacation coming up. Let's all cross our fingers and hope for a hurricane free September!

No comments: