Monday, January 5, 2009

It's SNOW Fun

Lane and Jack are shoveling. This is after only a few hours - see how deep it was already?
Jack starting to goof off - shoveling was only fun for a minute.


Swing set - that ultimate symbol of summer - all covered up. See how big the snowflakes are?

My first attempt to capture the size of the snowflakes. It didn't turn out - too little contrast, I guess.
So . . . last I heard, KSL predicted a storm - 1-3 inches they said. It would come in after the morning commute and end before they evening commute they said. WRONG!!! It started just before I left work - only snow flurries, nothing major. I had lunch with Calvin and by then it was starting to stick. As I drove up the hill to our elementary school (I had to drop something off) it was really sticking and the flakes were HUGE! I wasn't sure I would make it up the hill, but I did. I even got the car up the driveway on the 2nd try. Grandma called and said she wasn't coming up for Family Home Evening, and Lane didn't want to go get her since it was really bad by 5:30. So we stayed in, had our turkey soup and homemade Rosemary bread (Tara - YUMMY! thank you!) and played Wii. I had been unbeaten on bowling and Taylor beat me - badly, I might add. I told her I was distracted by the snow, which was still falling at 8:00. Lane and Jack had gone out to shovel again, so they weren't there to see my shame. Lane asked his car pool buddy to drive tonight because Joe has a 4 wheel drive, and I think they will need it. I don't think the snow plow has been around yet, and the snow has really stacked up. At least 7 inches, I'm thinking.



No comments: