Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It won't stop snowing!!

This is my picture for the day. The snow is so deep, and it looked so pretty on this tree.


This is the tree across the street that I curse all summer long because it blocks my view of the lake. As always, it's all about ME!

This is the same lantern from yesterday - but the snow is just a wee bit deeper! The snow on the ground is now level with the retaining wall - 18" or so! (Seriously, scroll down the page to yesterday's post - it's amazing how much more snow there is, just since yesterday. Both pictures were taken at about the same time of day - 2:30 or so.)




I don't know if it stopped snowing last night, but it was snowing all day. It is so deep! Evidently, the storm has just parked itsself over northern Utah County, from Alpine to Orem, and has just buried us! Cars keep either getting stuck or sliding off the road out on Nathaniel.
I played Guitar Hero with Jack tonight and somehow managed to beat him on 2 songs. I barely beat him both times, but I was shocked that I beat him at all. I've only played one other time, and he plays a lot. I guess he was having a bad night. Then we played DDR for a while. We haven't played for a long time and we have so much fun. Jack gets way into it and kicks and flails his arms. It's quite a spectacle.

2 comments:

Syme Family said...

WOW! That is a lot of snow. Dare I say it . . .I miss the snow. It is not the same here. We don't get a lot where I live now. We are a block away from the ocean and two blocks on the other side from the bay. If it does snow, it rains soon after and melts all of it. Then we have to worry about all the ice. The other day JD and Isaac went for a quick walk and even JD fell. It is crazy slippery. I feel like I deal with the snow better.

Dan and LaVon said...

Love your blog Lari! Sounds like good fun this holiday season. If you get those great New Years Resolutions, you know the losing weight, reading scriptures every day let me know and I'll try and catch up.
Nice snow and I seriously mean it I wish we would get some over this way. Tell Taylor good luck with the sewing!