Thursday, October 29, 2009

Shipment

Submit - A quantity of goods or cargo that are shipped together.
October 29, 2009


This is my second (or is it third?) shipment of Christmas stuff. If I can stay out of stores at Christmas time, I am one happy lady. It never quite works out that way, though. There is always "one last thing" (about twenty times over) that I need to go to Walmart or Target or (eek!!) the mall to get. But I do try to avoid it by shopping early and shopping online. I haven't yet ordered anything from Amazon, which is typically my favorite and most frequented Christmas store (thank you, free super saver shipping!). I'm sure I'll get there before long.


On a totally different topic, here's what I don't understand. At 2:00 this afternoon I stopped at the bank. I parked my car in the EMPTY parking lot. Please understand that by empty, I mean there was NOT ANOTHER CAR anywhere in the parking lot. I guess the employees park in the back, because my dirty van was the ONLY car in the lot. So I go in the bank, deposit my check, take a roll of smarties, and go back to my car. Now there is another car there - PARKED IN THE SPOT RIGHT NEXT TO MINE, and almost too close for me to get in my car. I only have to ask - W.T.H???? Are you kidding? There were at least 20 other spots, many closer to to door, and he/she parks in that spot?? So since I was next to the curb on the other side, I had to do a 10-point back up maneuver to get out. Seriously, people. Pick another spot. So then I had to go drop off the car loan payment at another bank and I couldn't go through the drive up because I had forgotten to bring my payment slip and don't know the account number nor the payment amount. Different bank, same scenario. But this time, at least there was one other car in the parking lot - at the totally opposite end. Again, I parked next to the curb, not necessarily close to the door. Went in, took care of my business, came out and the only other car was again parked right next to mine. At least it wasn't so close as at the other bank, but really, what's up people? It's like when you are the only one in a movie theater and a giant headed person comes and, of all the empty seats in the theater, chooses the one right in front of you. So just so you know, my van is a silver Freestar, always dirty inside and out, with a vanilaroma air freshner hanging from the mirror. DON'T PARK NEXT TO ME IF THE PARKING LOT IS OPEN! That is the only warning I intend to give.

No comments: