Friday, October 16, 2009

Mardi Gras

Mardi Gras - a carnival held in some countries on Shrove Tuesday (the last day before Lent) but especially in New Orleans.
October 16, 2009


Yes, I am still cleaning up from our cruise and finally found all my Mardi Gras beads. For some reason I had put 2 in one place and 2 in another place, so I finally got all 4 back together. They are just cheap ones that I took from the bowl at our hotel, but they are festive and now I have to figure out how to fashion some sort of Christmas ornament out of them. I doubt I will ever find myself in New Orleans again (mostly because once was enough), so I want to keep them as a momento.


So prototype numbers 1 and 2 of the Christmas card turned out to be disappointing, so I attempted #3 today. It also turned out disappointing. So October is half over and I have no Christmas card. I have a few ideas swirling around in my head, so we'll see. Lane started in again with the eye rolling, so that's not a good sign. I really need to get something together, and soon! Christmas is coming!

No comments: