Thursday, October 15, 2009

Spooky

Spooky - Suggestive of ghosts or a ghost; eerie.
October 15, 2009


I make no secret of the fact that I don't like Halloween. I think it's all dumb. I'm sure I liked it as a kid, but somewhere along the way it just became dumb. I vote to remove it from the calendar. I can't think of anything about it that I like. It is just a pain and a bother and should be done away with.


This is why I think it is God's cruel joke that I have a Halloween baby. She wasn't due until December 9, and of ALL the days that she could come early, naturally it had to be Halloween. And at 00:15 on Halloween. Nope, it couldn't have been 15.5 minutes earlier. Since I hate Valentines Day just as much as Halloween, I bet that if I had gone for a 4th kid, he/she would have been born on Valentines Day, just because.


So now I have to put in a little effort for Halloween. Plus, not only is October 31 Halloween, now it is a birthday too, so it's double the agony . . . I mean double the fun. Somewhere the Big Guy is having a big laugh at my expense. I've always felt that He had a sense of humor. How else do you explain Wyoming?

3 comments:

Kimberley said...

Darn Halloween babies! :)

Dan and LaVon said...

Ohhh I hate Halloween also but was always afraid to voice that thinking I surely was the only one in the entire world who shared such sentiments. So I to vote for taking it off the calendar!!!
Have a happy birthday instead.

Rachel said...

i don't like halloween either. its really a shame that my husband and father in law are OBSESSED with it.oh well, at least I don't have to do anything that way!