Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dried, Loom


Dried - free from liquid or moisture; lacking natural or normal moisture or depleted of water; no longer wet.
October 27, 2009




Yep, still with the apples. I have dried a bunch and stuck them in the freezer. They work very nicely for a FHE treat Apple Brown Betty when I have failed to plan anything. And it is very much getting to be Apple Brown Betty season. I better stock up on Cool Whip.


Loom - an apparatus, worked by hand or mechanically, for weaving yarn into a textile.
October 28, 2009




Taylor is working on a hat. She frequently kills time, especially during the fall/winter, knitting hats. It comes in quite handy since the kids are forever losing their hats at school or a friend's house. We have LOTS of hats. One year I had the Activity Day girls make hats and we took them to PCMC. I don't know whether they kept them or re-gifted them, but it doesn't matter so long as they got to someone who needs them. Once we donated them to a shelter. It's such an easy little thing to do. I don't know how fast Taylor is, but I can do a hat in about 2 hours, less if it's for a baby.


I felt just horrible yesterday. It started in the morning and got progressively worse as the day went on. I was freezing all day at work, then came home and curled up in a quilt. I still wasn't warm enough so I got a heating pad to tuck in my quilt with me. Between the coughing, the aches, and the chills, I didn't have a great night's sleep, even with my best friend, NyQuil. I am feeling a lot better today. My head still hurts, and I have a little cough but not like yesterday. When I cough now, my sides ache from yesterdays coughing fits. Hopefully the worst is over and I can put that behind me.


If I had any pride at all, I wouldn't admit this, but as it turns out, I have no pride. So I was playing Wii with the kids tonight, and we have had the Wii for almost a year. In all that time, whenever I step on it says (very rudely, I might add) "You're obese!" So for the first time in a year-ish, I stepped on tonight, and it said, "You're overweight!" Most normal people wouldn't think of that as a compliment, but I started jumping up and down and screaming "I'm overweight! I'm overweight!" How sick is that??

1 comment:

Molly said...

Yeah! Overweight! I share your JOY!