Friday, October 2, 2009

Twilight (no, not the book/movie!)

Twilight - The time of day immediately following sunset.
October 2, 2009


I wonder how many times per day I drive up and down the hill here in PG. Too many to count, some days. Anyway, today on one of my trips back UP the hill, I saw the moon rising and it was full and so bright I dashed in the house to get my camera. But since I still don't know what I'm doing camera-wise, I had a hard time getting the moon to show up since it was still light outside. Somehow I managed to get this shot, which makes it look much darker outside than it actually was.


I went and bought new silverware today. One of the many things that make me crazy is things that don't match, and we haven't had enough matching pieces for a while now and I just couldn't take it anymore. I brought 2 setting-for-8 sets into this marriage, we got another as a wedding gift, and got another a few years ago for Christmas. Of the 3 original sets, we were down to 3 or 4 forks in each set, and about the same in spoons. All the knives were still there. Anyway, as I said, I just couldn't take it anymore so I got some new. Things just need to match. Is that too much to ask?


We all have our issues, and I guess that's one of mine. That made me think of the issues of some people I know. For instance, I have a friend who can't allow her food on the plate to touch and she eats it one item at a time, in a clockwise manner. Another friend goes beserk if the toilet paper isn't loaded so it unrolls up over the top. I knew a girl in college who ironed everything, including socks and towels. I know another person who firmly believes there is a right and left sock. So what if I can't eat chicken on bread? Or that I can't shop at Albertson's because the shape of their carts gives me anxiety? That's just good sense, really. The rest of the people are the crazy ones.

2 comments:

Syme Family said...

Lari- you are hilarious! I hope I can make it tomorrow and that it isn't anything serious with the car.

Davis Family said...

sorry...you can't refer to twilight and it's not the book or movie. it's just the times my friend. it's like my "older" co-worker who would get mad because the work "gay" means something totally different than it did in his time and it just made him crazy!! :)