Monday, October 5, 2009

Process, Lazy, Store

Process - to handle or prepare by special method of manufacture.
October 3, 2009



With the help of my SIL, Leslie, I did 25 quarts of applesauce. Most of them sealed themselves, but a few didn't so I had to process them. One of them exploded. I have never had anything explode on me except tomatoes, and that was a bunch of years ago. I'm not sure why this one blew, but it did and made me mad. A quart of applesauce takes a lot of work! And then to just have to toss it . . . it's just a shame. I can't believe I'm almost out of bottles. I still have TONS of apples to go (plus the tomato puree that is STILL in my freezer) and I have 8 jars left. I can't think of the last time I filled all my jars! It makes me very gratefull as I see my shelves fill up.



Lazy - not inclined to work or exert onesself.
October 4, 2009

We were so lazy for General Conference we never got dressed all day long. We laid around watching movies after conference and just went to bed in the same old jammies. What a great day! And what a good conference. I always enjoy Elder Bednar and I liked the talk on "not getting caught up in the thick of thin things." I am very guilty of that. And how exciting to have another temple in Utah!


Store - To keep, set aside or gather (things) for future use.
October 5, 2009


My shelves are filling up again. I really need to get these shelves organized. Things aren't grouped as they should be. It always warms my heart this time of year to look at my shelves as they get fuller, and take comfort in knowing that my little family won't die immediately. We will hang on for a little while, at least. I wish I had a place big enough to put everything together. This is in my laundry room, and I keep the home canned stuff in there, as well as the surplus of cereal, and other canned goods that we use all the time and won't fit in my pantry. I have to keep the stuff from the dry pack cannery downstairs, along with dried beans, salt and spices and stuff that we don't use quite so much. In my happy place I would have a huge space to keep it all together, but in reality it is scattered here and there. As long as it is somewhere, I guess that's what is important.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I have TONS of empty jars, cuz I didn't can anything this year. I would be happy to bring them over empty and then pick them up full, if you would like!