Friday, October 9, 2009

Dye

Dye - To color (a material), especially by soaking in a coloring solution.
October 9, 2009


I finally, FINALLY, got my hair colored. I don't know why I put it off for so long. I also don't know why I got all the gray genes in my family. I've been gray enough to require coloring since I was 25, and up until the last 2 years or so, kept it colored most of the time. I love trying out a new color on my hair, so long as it isn't too wild, and I think this is the first time I have gone this red. I wish I had red hair, so back when I was coloring it regularly, it was almost always some shade of red, but this is pretty edgy for me. I like it though, I needed a big change, and this is certainly a BIG change from they horrible, mousy gray I had going on. I cropped the picture because I couldn't get a good look. I either looked spooky, depressed, or constipated in all the pictures I took. I had Bells Palsy back in 2003, and I don't think the left side of my face has ever fully recovered, and it shows especially when I smile. My left eye is always weird.

I got 4 more quarts of applesauce today. I was gone for 2 hours to get my hair done, and in all that time, the kids were able to fill the kettle only half way. I'm guessing they were not trying too terribly hard, because last weekend Taylor and I filled the kettle completely full in just over an hour. Hmmm . . . when the cat's away, the mice certainly do play, and then blame it on each other.

1 comment:

Syme Family said...

I REALLY like it!! Can't wait to see it in person! Wish I could have joined you with to do more applesauce, but I had to work all of it to pay for our car to be fixed. . . again.