Sunday, October 25, 2009

Excessive, Endless, Sampler

This branch broke off a while ago. We've lost several branches this fall, but I think this is the biggest one. I don't know how well the break shows up on the picture, but it was a pretty large branch that broke.


Excessive - Beyond normal limits.
October 23, 2009
Apples, apples everywhere. We finally got through all the picked apples in the garage and had to go out and pick more. I picked a five gallon bucket, mostly off the ground, and didn't even make a dent. I told Lane tonight when I was putting away the weekends applesauce, that I think he's going to have to build an addition to the house to store all this applesauce! But as I always say, it's comforting to know we won't die right away! Oh, and by the way, if you are on my Christmas list - guess what you're getting! And if you aren't on my Christmas list, you might be this year!


Endless - Being or seeming to be without end or limit; boundless.
October 24, 2009
We are all starting to wonder if it will ever end. Last week was so crazy that Saturday was the only day we had to work on apples, so here's to hoping this week will be better. Tuesday and Saturday are the only crazy days, right now anyway, so hopefully we can plug along through them. We are all getting a little apple-weary, but we'll carry on.


Sampler - A variety, an assortment.
October 25, 2009
On Saturday I did 2 quarts of apple juice concentrate (right), 10 quarts of slow-simmered, chunky applesauce (center), and 2 quarts of smooth applesauce. I'm not a huge fan of the smooth applesauce, but that's what comes from the left-over apples that have made the juice. I can't bring myself to throw them out so we put them through the food mill.
Today was our Primary program at church. The kids always do an amazing job, even though every year on the Saturday practice it seems like it will never come together, it always does. It's nice to have that over with for another year!



No comments: