Saturday, October 17, 2009

Portrait

Portrait - A likeness of a person, especially one showing the face, that is created by a painter or photgrapher.
October 17, 2009


What a cute boy!


Addie is always overjoyed at the prospect of having her picture taken.

Jack




My, isn't she growing up to be a lovely young lady! What happened to my baby?
We went out and got our family pictures done today. Everyone apparently had the same idea, because there were family groups all over the place having pictures done as well, plus a wedding going on at the amphitheater by the temple. My good friend Nanette and her daughter did the photography, and one of them got some fun candid shots along the way.
Before the photography, I decided that something must be done with all those apples in the garage. I got myself one of those steamer/juicer things and after I got home from work the kids and I chopped apples like crazy (luckily no peeling, coring, nor slicing) and tossed them in the steamer/juicer. It only netted me about a quart and a half, but I don't think I gave it enough time. The leftover apples I threw into the food mill and we ground them up for applesauce. Since I was doing that anyway, we steamed some other apples and ground them up as well. It went fast, like I knew it would, but it is more like store-bought applesauce in texture, and I like my applesauce to be chunkier, that's why I do it the long and complicated way usually. Anyway, I got 10 quarts of applesauce done in about 2 hours, plus the juice, and it usually takes me at least 4 hours (typically longer) to do it the chunky way since it has to simmer for so long. Well, I guess there is advantages to both. So I'm slowly working my way through those apples that have been in the garage for a while, and still need to get to what is on the trees! Hopefully this week will be a little less chaotic than last week. I say that every week, and they all end up being pretty chaotic. This business of staying to work until 2 instead of noon is really throwing me off! I just need to get it done, one way or another.




No comments: