Monday, October 19, 2009

Knick-knack, clutter

Knick- knack - A small trivial article usually intended for ornament.
October 18, 2009


Another day of desperation. By way of history, I got this little guy about a million years ago at a craft fair my mom and I used to go to in Alpine during the deer hunt. I don't do that anymore, but I think I've had it since the first Halloween (maybe the second?) that we were married. I think it's the only thing I bought way back when that has lasted. I used to have a cute scarecrow, but after 3 kids toting it around the house every season, it died a very sad and painful death.



Clutter - To make disorderly or hard to use by filling or covering with objects.
October 19, 2009


I can't stand clutter. I can't stand ot have stuff sitting around like this. I allow clutter to accumulate in 2 places - my desk (which is beyond help), and my scrapbook table (also beyond help). Sure, I have papers here and there, and 3 kids who are tornadoes, but generally I can't stand this. But with all the apples still to do, there just isn't any sense in putting it away. See, there's new jars waiting to be filled, with my apple/peeler/corer/slicer on top, my food mill, my steamer juicer, and my dehydrater. After taking Sunday and Monday off, I'll be back at the fight tomorrow. I got the floor mopped today since I couldn't bear to have Grandma come over and see it so horrible, but I've been avoiding mopping it because there doesn't seem to be much point since it's just going to get messy again with apple stickiness.

No comments: