Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mii, Humiliation, Obey

Mii - A personalized digital avatar for the Wii video game console by Nintendo.
October 30, 2009



We were laughing so hard when our neighbor, Derek, was adjusting his Mii. I think he was trying to make it as creepy as he could . . . Not really sure of his intent, but he kept us laughing hard for some time while he was doing this. In then end, he added an afro and made him short and fat, but by then I was laughing so hard I could no longer hold the camera still. Yes, as a matter of fact, I am easily amused.

Addie got new Barbie things for her birthday. Between the Barbie things, dinner at McDonalds, and trick-or-treating, it was all a now-7-year-old needed to make her life complete.


Jack was attempting to be a Nerd, Addie was going for the 50s day thing. This is Jack's last trick-or-treating, because in my Halloween scrooginess, I cut them off at 12 and he will be 12 in September.



Humiliation - The state of being humiliated or disgraced; shame.
October 31, 2009
This is our neighbor's dog, Rum. Usually Rum is the friendliest dog in the world. But when he came out of the house in this get-up, he refused to move around or make any eye contact. He just stayed in this one spot in the garage, even as people came and went, refusing to make eye contact with anyone. It made me think that the dog figured if he didn't look at anyone, no one could see him. Once his costume was removed, he changed immediatly back to his normal, chipper self. The only other dog I've ever seen act embarrassed is our dog, Jake. Once Lane took him to the groomer for his yearly hair cut, and the groomer made a big poof of Jake's tail. He seemed to be so embarrassed about his tail! Now we tell the groomer specifically not to do that, and Jake seems much happier.


Obey - To carry out or fulfill the command, order or instruction.
November 1, 2009
I asked Addie to clean up her Barbie things and stack her books neatly, and was so pleased to come downstairs and find that she had actually done it! It's a Halloween miracle!




1 comment:

Dan and LaVon said...

I totally support you in the 12 year old cut off and wish every parent in the world would comply! I hate being summoned to my door at 9pm to find 6 kids, obviously in the late teen years with a pillowcase full, and I mean full of candy. I want' to explode!