Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Pleasure

Pleasure - A source of enjoyment or delight.
November 4, 2009



The best time of year has arrived. Halloween is over, the kids are busily involved in school, and holiday plans are well underway. I purchased the first round of fabrics for the first round of Christmas sewing. This will become a dress for Addie. I wasn't planning on making her a dress, but I found this cute fabric for only $1 a yard, and I just can't pass that up. Instead of Christmas jammies, I am going to make us all matching Cookie pants. I had hoped to find fabric for said Cookie pants that was a cookie print, but so far I have been unable to find that. Taylor suggested going with camo: regular camo for the guys, pink or purple camo for the girls. That is my backup plan if I am unable to find a Cookie print, which is still my first choice. So if you know where I can get a cookie print flannel (for a reasonable price, of course - I'm extra cheap at Christmas-time) let me know.

3 comments:

Draper Duo said...

what are Cookie pants?

Dan and LaVon said...

You just make me smile with delight...another one who loves to sew...one a generation younger, that is even better...Have fun with your projects...I best get on with mine.

Kari said...

Wow--look at you go. It's nice to know someone else is up burning the midnight oil sewing away for the holidays.
Have you tried Nuttall's Fabric on State Street in AF? They have a large selection of flannel and a huge sale section. I'm not sure they've got cookies (the only cookie flannel I could find was online) but you never know.
Good luck.