Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Pile, Grid, Snuggle, Advent, Filament

Ouch! Didn't anyone miss me? I have to confess, I am a little hurt.



Pile - A quantity of objects stacked or thrown together in a heap.
November 19, 2009




I leave my shoes wherever I happen to take them off. Needless to say, I have little piles of shoes everywhere in the house, and yes I do scold my kids for doing the exact same thing. I just don't understand why it is that I can't ever find the shoes I want when I want to wear them? Good thing I have lots of backups. Lane, shut up.


Grid - A network of horizontal and vertical lines superimposed over a map, building plan, etc., for locating points.
November 21, 2009



Since the NEVER ENDING project is making me go blind, I was forced to grid it off for this last section to finish. I must say, it is helping a lot, and I have made a lot of progress. Another week or so and I should have it done. Then I will be throwing the pattern away so that no degree of insanity will ever tempt me to do this one ever again.


Snuggle - To curl up closely or comfortably; nestle.
November 22, 2009


How sweet is that!?! The funniest part is the difference in their expressions. We were watching a movie that clearly Addie was eating up, and Lane . . . well . . . not so much. The movie? Tinkerbell. What a good daddy to snuggle up with his princess and endure the torture of that show.




Advent - The liturgical period preceding Christmas
November 23, 2009



This is a little project I had the kids work on for FHE. First of all, you must understand that I don't consider it Christmas if there isn't a paper chain somewhere in the house. So I cut up the paper and told the kids that I wanted the to write on each of the 24 papers something that we could do as a family on each of those days. Their little faces lit up like Christmas Trees, and they huddled together and started discussing ideas in excited voices. Then I realized the flaw in the plan, and informed them that none of said ideas could cost any money. It was like I had pulled the plug on the Christmas Tree, I never saw such sad faces. I think they thought we were going out to dinner and a movie for each of those 24 days. When all was said and done, they managed to come up with 24 FREE ideas.




Filament - a fine or thinly spun thread, fiber or wire.
November 24, 2009



I just love shiny things! I use pearl blending filament all the time when I cross stitch, whether the pattern calls for it or not, just cuz I like shiny things. The NEVER ENDING project uses these two colors in the sky and the snow, and since I'm so sick of the NEVER ENDING project, the shiny is the only redeeming quality it has.

No comments: