Thursday, November 12, 2009

Bills

Bills - money owed for goods or services supplied.
November 12, 2009



Right next to laundry on my list of least favorite jobs is paying bills/updating & balancing the checkbook. If I had any brain at all, I would stay on top of it so it isn't such a chore when I do get around to it. But I let everything accumulate, until such time as I have to do something with it (such as it is time to pay the bills) and by then it is such a huge pile of receipts and unopened mail that I can't stand to look at it. Again, if I had any sense at all, I would enter my few receipts daily so that it isn't such an unmanageable mess. That is, if I had any sense, which, of course, I clearly don't. So tonight I got all the receipts and checks entered into my checkbook and I got it balanced for the last 2 months. Somehow I stopped receiving paper statements from my bank, and that has added to my frustration. At least if I get a statement monthly, that forces me to get it caught up and balanced. I'm so pathetic I can't even bring myself to call the bank and find out why I'm not getting statements anymore. I have to print them off the bank website, and naturally, I'm out of ink. See, it's just a perfect storm of financial headaches. But I did get everything paid that is due right now: the first payment on Jack's new braces, the car payment, Addie's medical bills, and the Pennies by the Inch money I've been ignoring for a while. That should carry me through a little while . . . but not long enough, and then I'll be complaining again. But I vow not to let it get this bad again - it was 3 weeks worth of receipts! I need to hire me an accountant.

No comments: