Monday, November 16, 2009

Creep

Creep - To grow or spread along a surface.
November 16, 2009


I inherited this houseplant from my mother-in-law. I have a long history of killing things, but somehow since we moved to this house, I have been unable to kill anything (I can say that because I have actually tried to kill a few plants and failed). I love ivy and this houseplant is now creeping, just as ivy should. I need to get it up on a plant stand or something so it can do it's thing. It's just been sitting on the floor in front of the window since I got it, and apparently it likes it there, but ivy creeping along ugly, vile, 20 year old carpet isn't as pretty as ivy creeping along the legs of a plant stand. I think it's too big to fit the plant stands I have, so I'll have to find something else.

Now, as to the ugly, vile, 20 year old carpet: I am working on it. I had previously saved enough money to get new flooring, but naturally the van needed new tires so my new flooring money went there. I have again managed to save up enough money for the flooring I want, now it's just all about getting it done. Projects like that have a tendency to take on a life of their own. For instance, just tonight I told Lane that since we are getting new flooring, we ought to take the opportunity to scrape off that horrible popcorn stuff that is on the ceiling. Oh, and while we are at it, we might as well paint the walls. You know how it goes. There is almost nothing in the world that Lane hates more than painting, but as I tell him, it won't be so bad if you don't have to be careful about the floor! He hasn't fallen for that excuse yet, but I'm still working on him. In my Happy Place where I am Queen, it would all get done before the Thanksgiving Dinner I am hosting, but I don't think I will make that deadline. But since Lane is off work through the weekend, I bet if I try really, real-l-l-ly hard, I can get him to work on it that weekend. It's either that or put up Christmas decorations, and I think the only thing he hates more than painting, is decorating for Christmas.
P.S. If you need a good laugh, check out the new blog added to my list "Goddess on Training Wheels." It's written by the older sister (whom I've never met) of a friend of mine (who I have met and adore) and is really fun. Check it out sometime.

No comments: