Thursday, November 5, 2009

Foliage

Foliage - Plant leaves, especially tree leaves, considered as a group.
November 5, 2009


I picked up my torturous stitching project this evening, and worked on it for a few hours, and now I'm pretty sure I'm cross-eyed. I'm about 2/3 done, but what is left is so tedious and crazy-making that it is taking forever. It will look great when it's done, if I can survive with some of my eye sight and sanity intact.

Monday is Addie's check up at Primary Childrens. I think she's doing great, I hope Dr. Day thinks so too. Addie's last check up went great and we've managed to keep her healthy, at least so far this season. She's a pretty tough little girl. Much to my dismay, she has become sensitive about her chest scar. I'm sure the kids at school have asked about it, so she doesn't like to wear shirts that have a neck line that shows the scar. That's pretty tough since the scar comes up pretty high. We've tried so hard to make her think that her scar is something special, but I guess she's wise to that little trick now. She just wants to be "like everybody else," and doesn't understand why she can't be. I guess as she gets older she will understand more and more.

Lane is planning to pick the rest of my apples tomorrow, so soon the great applesauce odyssey will be over. It has been a lot of work, but it sure looks pretty on my shelves.

No comments: