Sunday, January 31, 2010

Crap. I'm 40 now.

Look at what my "friends" did to me! They found all my most awful pictures, blew them up huge (with the help of my brother) and posted them all over my yard. What's they saying . . . "With friends like these, who needs enemies?" It's all in good fun, though. Revenge is a dish best served cold.



Then my brother's family came late in the night and used 48 Dr. Pepper cans writing out "Lari is 40." Well, at least I'll have a good time drinking it all, and it was all well chilled after being outside all night long.



At least my sister loves me. She brought me flowers and chocolates.
I also got breakfast in bed, a new watch, and a new necklace and matching earrings. Lane's parents got me some new clothes and I got an Itunes gift card from Michelle and her family. The aforementioned "friends" know me very well and gave me 2 bottles of Magic Shell (remember - only 3 servings, no matter what the label says) and jammies. Other than the turning 40 part, it was a great birthday.



The roommate lunch was on Saturday. We were able to get 5 of the 7 of us there. I had hoped to scan a picture of us from college, but my scanner isn't working, I guess that's still part of the Great Computer Crash of 2010. I'll try to scan it at work and add it later. That's Becky on the far left, with Tricia next to her (it's Tricia's fault I'm married to Lane), then me, then KyLee and finally Heather on the right. I don't know how many years we have been getting together, but it's been long enough now that I think/hope we would miss it if we didn't do it. Are all my roommates really that short? I look like a giant.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Hey -- that's Miss KyLee -- she was Hayden's aid last year at preschool. Small world.

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you and others had lots of fun!