Friday, January 8, 2010

Christmas is over . . . therefore, Christmas is coming

I took my kids to the library last night. It occurred to me that Christmas is coming (11 1/2 months, sure, but still coming), and I ought to take advantage and get started. I found a few books with fun Chritmas craft ideas in them that I can get a jump start on now . . . or more likely, copy and file away in my gigantic files and forget about them until next November when Full Blown Christmas Panic season begins. Let's hope for the former rather than the latter.


Yep, the computer is still down. I'm hoping Computer Guy will be able to recover it and get it back to me on Monday. I need to bills and my check register is on that computer.

I've been enjoying a quiet evening. Taylor went with friends to see Avatar, Jack is at a birthday party, and Addie decided she didn't want to stay home with me (apparently I'm not fun) so she called my mom and asked if she could come over there. Grandma is an old softie, so she took pity on little Addie and so she's gone too. Lane and I went over to Paradise Bakery for dinner. I'd been there once before, and decided it was only ok. Lane had never been there. So I decided to give it another shot, since apparently every one else in northern Utah County thinks it's all that. So now I've been there twice and still think it's only ok. The chocolate chip cookie was not good at all. It tasted like cardboard. Yuck. So we can now add Paradise Bakery to the list of places that I don't like and everyone else does. My other non-faves are Pizza Factory (what's all the fuss about? It's not that good), Los Hermanos (also over-rated), and Betos (truly vile). There's a Japanese place in AF where the food tastes like feet, but I don't know the name of it (I call it the Sweaty Sock) and most people I know haven't eaten there so I can't determine it's over-rated-ness. But strangely, when I refer to it as the Sweaty Sock, people seem to know where I'm talking about. Hmmm. Curious.

2 comments:

JAMIE said...

At Betos, the Super Nachos are awesome, everything else, don't like.

Sweaty Sock=Whistle Wok LOL I've eaten there a couple times, by the Albertson's, never left raving. But now that I have the idea planted that it tastes like feet, I will never patronize them again. :)

larifunk said...

Nope, not whistle wok. I can't eat at a place with a name that stupid. it's over in AF more by costco. It's a fancy sit-down sort of place.