Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Things I can't live without


1. My crockpot. When I have a crazy busy day, like today, there is nothing so wonderful as walking into the house, exhausted and weary, and smell dinner cooking. It is very exasperating to come home all worn out and have to worry about dinner. Which is when Taco Amigo becomes dinner. Even better, the meat doesn't even have to be thawed before tossing it in, so when I remember that I'm supposed to be "crocking" dinner at 8:45 a.m., I can just toss in the frozen chicken, a little "Cream Of" soup and be on my way. Has anyone ever written a song about the wonder of the crockpot?
2. News. I am a NEWS JUNKIE. I drive my family crazy when they complain that there is nothing good on TV and I remind them that there is always perfectly good news on at least 3 channels. I have a problem.
3. Paper. Lots and lots of paper. You just never know when you're gonna have to whip up some cards or invitations or stationery. It pays to have lots of paper on hand. And a paper cutter. And sticky tabs.
4. Dr. Pepper. A wise person once said that the only difference between Mormons and anyone else is the temperature of their caffeine. I love my DP. There is just nothing quite like that first sip at 9:15-ish am. Yes, I said 9:15 am. Is that weird?
5. My slippers. They are so soft. And warm. My feet are ALWAYS cold. Actually, all of me is always cold, but especially my feet and hands.
6. Big, dangly earrings. I love 'em. Some people are struck with horror when they realize they have left home without their cell phone. Forget the phone, no one ever calls me anyway. I am struck with horror to find that I've left home with no earrings. Oh, the humanity!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I so could have written this post. I second everything you just said. I heart your blog! I too love me some caffeine (diet coke, please) but mine sadly starts much earlier in the morning. We should go shopping for big earings with no cell phones sometime.

Amber said...

Okay...I agree with Debbie and you! I'm a caffeine junkie, I'm always freezing cold, and yes, leaving the house without earings is pretty tragic! :)

jenneday said...

Dr pepper has caffine?! Oh no i am in big trouble. - no wonder I am so happy all the time!!