Friday, January 22, 2010

What am I missing?


Again I have to ask, What's the big deal? We finally got around to trying out Five Guys. We had to go down to Sears to get a new battery for the car, and since we were in the neighborhood, and it was 3:30 in the afternoon and hopefully not so croweded, we decided to try Five Guys. We had gone once before, but it was so packed we ended up at the Iggy's next door.
It turned out to be just another over-rated burger joint. I still haven't found anyone who makes a burger that can rival JCWs. I ordered the Bacon Cheeseburger at Five Guys, and had to open the bun to look for the bacon. That's something no one ever has to do at JCWs! The bacon is obvious! The fries were only OK, too, and the restaurant was cold and drafty. There are so many doors to the place that there was no place to sit away from a door. And the biggest sin of all, there was no Dr. Pepper on their fountain! I'm sorry, but combined with all the other problems, no Dr. Pepper is the final straw and I don't think I'll go back.
But now since I've complained about Five Guys and Paradise Bakery, let me give a good plug lest I be branded impossible to please. Of course I've mentioned that JCWs is tops, but for the brisket or pulled pork lover in all of us, the place to go is The Smoking Apple in Lindon. Looks unimpressive from the outside, but it is so yummy! The owners are friendly, they always remember my face, and sometimes even remember my name.
Another place that never disappoints is Kneaders in Lindon/Orem, not quite sure what city it is right there. Everthing is always fresh and yummy, the desserts are irrestible (no matter how hard you try), and they have that whole all-you-can-eat french toast breakfast that is SOOOOO good.
So see - I'm not negative all the time. Just some of the time. And I like what I like.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I am glad I am not the only one not impressed with Five Guys. I too don't see what all the hype is about and I would much rather go to JCW's!!