Monday, January 18, 2010

Help! I can't stop!

When I went to that Fireside last night, the speaker suggested that everyone try to index JUST ONE batch per day. Just one. They don't take long to enter. It's hardly much of a commitment at all. You can even take all day to do it. If everyone helps, the work will go so much faster.


So I sat down with my bills and my to-do list today after I got home from work. I figured I would quickly do one batch and then I could feel good about my accomplishment. I couldn't stop. I simply COULD NOT stop. I kept thinking, just one more . . . just one more . . . until now it's 9:00 and I'm starting to cramp up. Plus I only sent 1 back for illegibility. I didn't keep track of how many I did, but I'm sure I easily did more than 10. I think that's why the speaker suggestd doing JUST ONE. He knows how addicting it is, and one batch leads to others, and then hours have somehow passed by.


It's a good feeling to be involved in an important work. We didn't have FHE since Lane wasn't feeling well, and the kids stayed at my mom's until almost 8. So I have been home alone, without much to do that can't wait, so I'm glad I didn't waste away my afternoon.


Next time remind me to wear my arm brace.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I had to stop indexing for a while because I got so addicted to it!