Thursday, January 28, 2010

I am such a genius!



I live in a nearly 40 year old house. Needless to say, it has none of the fancy amenities of the newer houses, but I do have a TON of cabinet space. (When Lane refinished the cabinets a few years ago, we needed to buy 55 new handles, yes 55!) Anyway, I hated how all my tupperware/rubbermaid bowls were always rolling all around in there, and it was impossible to match up lids with bowls . . . and the right sized bowl had always found it's wayt to the back . . . If only there was some way to contain it all!



So a few years after we moved in, I remembered my piles and piles and piles of Avon boxes (I am an Avon Rep if anyone didn't know - hence all the boxes). Turns out the boxes were just the PERFECT size to serve as cabinet "drawers" to contain all my tupperware/rubbermaid.



I know I'm no rocket scientist - BELIEVE ME, I KNOW - but seriously, this is one of my finest little ideas. The bowls and the lids are always together and easy to find. Nothing is rolling around at the back. If for some reason the box gets yucky and needs to be replaced - voila! I have more boxes! It's Genius! Especially for an idiot like me.

No comments: