Monday, January 11, 2010

Mmmmm . . .

I love days when I am not overwhelmed and crazy with too much to do. I love days when I have taken the time beforehand to figure out menus for the week so I don't stand in front of the panty waiting for inspiration to the inevitable question, "What's for dinner?" Today was such a day. It was pizza night!


I made ranch dressing to go on the salad that I was serving with the pizza. This is the best ranch ever! I suppose it could be made lower fat, but life is far too short for low-fat ranch. Bring on the clogged arteries!


Then the pizza. What a nice surprise to find that I had mushrooms on hand. I love the food storage concept! While I did enjoy the mushrooms on the pizza, I was bummed that I didn't have the foresight to buy mozzarella cheese at the store on Saturday. Oh well. It tasted great anyway.


And the salad for the aforementioned ranch dressing. Seriously. I could eat the ranch alone by the spoonful, but that's not terribly healthy. Well, neither is the pizza, really, but hey, chugging ranch is really disgusting.


Then I mixed up the herbs and EVOO dip to go with the freshly baked plaited bread. It was good, but needed more sea salt.



And finally, the bread. Between the pizza and the bread, the house smelled heavenly, all warm and fresh and cozy. I am so glad that I learned I can make fresh bread in 3 hours. Now we can get back to our bread rotation. I'm thinking bread bowls and chili later this week. . .



2 comments:

Syme Family said...

Yummy! Sounds so good. Your ranch is the BEST! I'll have to get that recipe from you sometime.
We made pizza a couple of weeks ago and Miah burned her chin on the stone. She still has a scab, so now I'm nervous to have those two help me. Hope you enjoyed your dinner! I enjoyed seeing it and thinking maybe I should make some later this week.

jenneday said...

One question? where do you get all this energy? could you pass some along to me?