Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Sound of Music

Tonight was the Young Women's Evening of Excellence at our ward. They had a nice program of short talks and musical numbers. Taylor sang a solo, "To Become Like Him" by Jenny Phillips, and she did a fantastic job. I didn't know she was singing, hadn't even heard her practicing her song so it was a nice surprise to hear her sing, and hear it for the first time like everyone else. I don't know where she comes from, since neither Lane nor I can sing at all. I love to hear her sing.


Addie slept this morning until nearly 8, so I had already decided to keep her home from school. She was still not quite right, and grumpy, when she came downstairs, and wanted to be held. After I loved her some, I put her on the couch with a warm blanket and she threw up. After that she seemed to be better, but didn't want to eat anything. When we came back from the church this evening, she had fallen asleep so Lane carried her up to bed and she felt hot. I expect she'll wake up some time during the night so I'll dose her with tylenol then. Poor little thing. I guess she'll be home again tomorrow.

This week has gone by so fast! Christmas will be here before I know it!

1 comment:

Syme Family said...

Yeah, I don't know where Taylor got her beautiful voice either. I not know that it was not from the Funk side! I always wish that I could sing too.
Hope Addie is feeling better soon!