Friday, December 19, 2008

Happy Anniversary Sam & Jer!

Today was my parents' 50th anniversary. Holy crap - that's a long time! They made a reservation at Los Hermanos and the four children who live here, and their spouses, plus Kassie and Jesse (representing Mie's family) joined them for dinner. It was a lot of fun to have us all together without the distraction of kids. I was especially glad that Troy and Cris made it down from Sandy. We had a snow storm today with high winds, and I was sure that the point of the mountain would be a mess and they would stay home. Even on the news, the weatherman said to just stay home today. The weather outside was frightful!

I helped with Jack's class Christmas party today. When I went into the school at 2:00 the weather was clear, but cold, and when I came out the wind was blowing very hard and there was about an inch of snow. I wasn't sure I was going to make it home. I had to go up a hill, and the car was having a tough time. I finally made it, but couldn't get up the driveway, AGAIN, and so I woke Lane up because I was worried about the car getting stuck out on the road. Taylor came up from the bus stop just then, she was freezing because the wind was blowing up her skirt, and apparently she didn't have the good sense to wear tights or nylons. More snow is expected nearly every day for the next week, inlcuding fresh snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!

No comments: