Tuesday, December 23, 2008











Jack and Addie went out to enjoy the snow today since the sun was shining. It keeps trying to snow a little bit, but mostly is nice out, but it is cold. I wonder how long Addie will stay out - hopefully she will come in when she gets cold and not try to do too much.
We had a good party last night with my family. We always do a white elephant game, and this year Lane and I ended up with a tube of lotion called "Udder Butter" and a bottle of "Naval Jelly." Don't really know what that is, but I always want to have something to re-use in next year's game, so that will be perfect. The coasters made their 3rd appearance this year, and my brother Troy got a whole big bag of used, much too small Tshirts, which is perfect for him. It's part of a family joke. My sister Mie who lives in Wisconsin and obviously wasn't at the party sent out a couple of Macadamia Nut boxes to get into the rotation. Another family joke. One year, MANY years ago, Sabrina gave Mie a gift in a Macadamia Nut candy box. You know, the kind from Hawaii. Anyway, Sabrina (I forget the reason) wrote a note to Mie in the top of the box. So after that, and the fact that a Macadamia Nut box will always stand out, it became a contest to see who would end up with the Macadamia nut box. It disappeared once or twice, but eventually found its way back. So who ever ends up with the Macadamia Nut box has to write what they got, from whom and the year in the lid of the box. It is stupid, I know, but one of those silly little things that makes Christmas Christmas. I think Lane's family in Colorado has a similar thing going with some green glassware or something. It's those little silly things that are unique to a family that make holidays so much fun. My sister Sabrina takes her family out for Chinese food on christmas eve thanks to the Red Ryder BB gun movie. I think that's hilarious.




No comments: