Wednesday, December 3, 2008

See Grandma work, funny funny grandma

Since Taylor and Addie spent the afternoon/ evening at Grandma Sam's, and Lane was sleeping, Jack and I broke the Sunday tradition and watched 2 recorded episodes of Mythbusters. Turns out you can polish poop. Who knew? I've been typing up Lane's Grandma Funk's journals. She is really funny because she gives very little detail, but does write daily. An entry for late summer/early fall (harvest time) reads like this: "Got up, bottled tomatoes, pickles, and froze corn. Had breakfast. . ." Honestly, the things that woman could accomplish in a day! Another entry I just typed was "Worked the early shift at the temple. Had an interesting day." THAT'S IT!! I would love to know why it was interesting! Or she'll say so-and-so had surgery, but never tell you why. I get a real kick out of it, and I'm constantly asking Lane if he knows the rest of the story, but he doesn't know. She was forever baking-and-taking. Again, funny because she'll write "Baked an apple pie and took it over to so-and-so because she has a broken leg." It makes it sound like that's the only logical solution, to take them a pie. Anyway, I don't mean any of that to sound harsh because I really love typing these journals. I'm learning a lot about Grandma, even if she doesn't write much, and about the rest of the family. She inspires me to be as giving and kind as she was.

Addie came home from Grandma Sam's and told me she doesn't feel well. I hope this isn't the beginning of the flu season at our house. She doesn't have a fever, but she doesn't look good either.

1 comment:

Syme Family said...

OK Lari you now have more things on the side of your blog than me, so don't say you don't know what you are doing. Soon I'll be asking you!
Hope Addie is feeling better by now! Keep us posted. I love know what you guys are up to!
That is funny about Grandma. I can't wait to look at more of her journals. Thanks for all your work with those. I know that Dad appreciates it too!