Sunday, December 28, 2008

It's Over - Bring on the New Year

I am so ready to put Christmas away. I'm like a little kid - short attention span, ready to move on to the next thing. I love Christmas as much as the next guy, but as soon as it's done, I'm ready to put it all away. I would have taken it down on the 26th if it was up to me. So I guess I'll get it taken down and put away on Tuesday. We have the last of the Christmas parties tomorrow so I have to leave it up for that.

I always love New Years. It is always a new beginning (of course, the new beginning is over and done with by mid-January). Like everyone else, I swear I will lose the weight this year, this year will be different, and so on. Unfortunately, I have no will power and am still looking for a way to lose weight without actually sacrificing anything. I don't want to give up my soda, or eating out, or chocolate . . . I don't want to get up early and exercise . . . And yet I wonder why I am not losing weight!?! I hate to be a defeatist, so maybe this year will be different, maybe I will grow a spine, maybe I will suddenly become a morning person. Who knows? But I do know that I will not be giving up my soda. I have to have one vice. (Yeah right, only one!)

No comments: