Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Me Thinks about MEE Thinks

There's a book called "MEE Thinks" by Mary Ellen Edmunds (MEE) that is so fun. If you haven't read it or own it, you should. It would make a great Christmas gift. It's short little chapters that start out "I've been thinking a lot about . . ." and then she goes on to talk about something serious or silly, depending on the topic. It's perfect bathroom reading for those who read in the bathroom. Of course, I don't read in the bathroom, and whoever said I do is a liar!! Okay, so truly that's the only place that I can read because (occasionally) my time in there is un-interrupted. Sorry, back to less disgusing things, I highly recommend the book. I got mine at Seagull Book for Mother's Day, and I've read through it, in pieces, a couple of times. I've read some of Mary Ellen Edmunds other books, and always enjoy her stuff. She has another book, I forget the title, but it's something about not ever having enough of what you don't need. It is really inspirational about getting priorities right.

So today I got up to the part in Grandma Funk's journal where Lane came home from his mission. That was fun to read about and re-live. What an exciting day that was! Now I guess I'll have to go read back in my own journal about that. Lane and I started dating in May of 1989, so that's almost 20 years ago! That's crazy!

No comments: