Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Nutcracker

I'm slowly figuring this thing out, with some help from my SIL Leslie (THANK YOU!!). Turns out I'm dumber than I thought.

I took my girls to see The Nutcracker ballet tonight, put on by a local dance studio. Taylor could take it our leave it, but Addie was all caught up in it, didn't fidgit, didn't bug me . . . just watched it and loved it. It was a really good production, especially considering that it's just a local group. I was impressed.

Lane & Jack stayed home from the ballet and worked on Christmas gifts. Each of the kids is supposed to make his/her gifts to give the family, so Lane and Jack worked on that. We were all cold when we got back from the ballet, so we cooked up some hot chocolate, made fun of men in tights, had a good laugh because Jack didn't know why men in tights is offensive, and got them sent off to bed. The house is quiet now, so I get a chance to get caught up on a few things and stare at my Christmas tree. I am still a child at heart when it comes to Christmas lights, and I could sit and stare at Christmas lights for hours. I think it's called ADD.

1 comment:

Syme Family said...

Sounds fun to take the girls to go to Ballet. I wish we could afford the see the Christmas celebration at Radio City Hall, but it is pricey. I was hoping to take Miah this year since it will probably be our last Christmas in NY.
That is a neat idea to have everyone make things for the family. We are currently trying to be as good as you about sending thank you cards and the kids are working on them for their Christmas presents.