Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ugly


Ugly - Displeasing to the eye; unsightly.
September 1, 2009
I was cursed with my dad's feet. They ache pretty much all the time, the right more so than the left. It's that plantars fasciitis (I'm almost sure I misspelled that). I've tried the stretching, and the Aleve, and all the other best tricks I've heard of, but it doesn't go away. It lessens some, but its always there. I talked to my sister some time ago, since she also was cursed with dad's feet, and she swears by Crocs Rx. She told me the website where she got hers, and the cost, and after I got over the shock of the expense, I let her convince me that it was the best way to go for my feet. I had some Crocs knock-offs, and they didn't help much (or at all) and I thought how much difference can there be? So I took her advice (there's a first time for everything!). I called all over the county asking specifically about the Rx type, and no one carried them. Everyone told me I better look online, but I wanted to try them out before I bought them. So I went to the website my sister told me about, shelled out the $50-ish (cough, cough) and ordered some. Let's just say that I was SHOCKED at what a difference these ugly shoes made. I wear them most of the time and it helps so much! I really should get some brown ones too, but being the cheapskate that I am, it's very difficult to pay that much for the ugliest shoes ever made.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Since I had Bailee my left heel is feeling the same way. The UPS man actually delivered mine today. They aren't Rx but they felt great. Are yours a little big? If I ordered the next size down I thought they would be too small. who knows...