Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Scrimmage

Scrimmage - A practice session or informal game, as between two units of the same team.
September 15, 2009



Jack's flag football season began this evening. The first game isn't classified as a game, but rather a scrimmage or clinic so everyone can get used to the rules, etc., especially those boys who haven't played before. Since Taylor was at mutual tonight, and it was kinda cool and rainy off and on, I stayed home with Addie.


I got the last of the first round of apples done today. It made 4 more quarts. So that's it for now, and I can go away on vacation with a clear conscience. I'll be knee-deep in it again when I get home, since our own apples will likely be ready by then. We lost another branch on the apple tree today.


So now my full attention and focus is on getting ready for our trip. I'll have to start laundry again tomorrow, since I seem to be unable to EVER finish laundry the same day it is started. I need to get the house cleaned so Grandma won't know what slobs we really are, and we need to get down to the Stouffers Thrift Store so they will have something to eat while we are gone. I had planned to take my neice and her husband to the airport tomorrow, since they were planning stop in Houston before they went on to New Orleans for the cruise, but they got word early today that Kassie's husband's mom had unexpectedly died. Not only was I sorry for his loss, but also sorry that it looked like they would have to miss the cruise. But tonight they have it all worked out, and they will skip Houston and go to the funeral in California, then fly from there to New Orleans. I'm so happy they were able to work it out. Because, when it comes right down to it, it's really all about me.


So there will be 10 of us on the cruise. I'm really looking forward to going. Having never cruised with anyone before, I'm not quite sure what to expect of having people around. We still haven't chosen something to do at Cozumel. We don't have any interest in snorkeling, and most of the cruise line shore excursions are snorkeling/scuba/snuba sort of stuff, so we are trying to narrow it down from among the few remaining options. We probably will just end up going to the beach or something, but a day at the beach is a day at the beach, and can't really be a bad thing. As long as I remember water and sunscreen. I always get sunburned when we cruise and it always hurts. I better add that to my list of things to do - buy sunscreen. I think I'm out. Knowing that, what do you want to bet I forget it anyway?

No comments: