Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fluffy


We finshed the whole series of The Wonder Years tonight. I had warned the kids that it makes me bawl like a baby, but I don't think they believed me. I am forced to admit that there may have even been a little bit of sobbing. I don't know quite what it is with that show . . . I have seen the finale any number of times, I know how things turn out, and yet I think I cry harder every time I see it. Well, I just attribute it to being old, but whenever I am accused of being dead inside, I have this show finale to demonstrate that I AM NOT!!!




Fluffy - Light and airy; soft.
September 2, 2009
The air has been so hazy and gross lately, full of pollution and smoke from fires burning near and far. While I was waiting for Taylor at piano today, I discovered this lovely little patch of blue sky with a big fluffy cloud. It was such a nice reprieve from all the haze lately. That turned out to be the bright spot of the day, really, when I found out after a 15 minute drive to Cedar Hills, that I had arranged for piano to be on Thursdays, not Wednesdays, and so I drove out for nothing, and have to do it all again tomorrow. Then I came home from that little frustration, to find that the other 2 kids hadn't done any of the things I had asked them to do. Turns out that coming home early threw them all off, and when I came in the house they had that deer-in-the-headlight look. They just stood there, completely still, staring straight ahead. I honestly think that they thought that if they stood still enough, I wouldn't be able to see them. Dinner turned out good. I had cooked a roast in the crock pot a while ago and froze it, so we had shredded bbq beef sandwiches for dinner with what I think is my last bottle of homemade applesauce. It's a good thing we have a lot of apples! But if anyone has any extra apples they aren't using . . . let me know. We eat A LOT of applesauce around here!


No comments: