Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Harvest


Harvest - The crop that ripens or is gathered in a season.
September 8, 2008
I apologize for being repetitive (again), but my original POD plan didn't work out. I had planned to photograph in some way all of Jack's new Boy Scout attire that I got him for his birthday tomorrow. But after dropping $85, YES I SAID $85, at the Scout store, I was full of rage and couldn't think of a one-word title meaning "Are you freakin' kidding me?" so I decided to go another way. Luckly, I was able to score a free Cub Scout shirt from my sister's son, but no such luck with a Boy Scout shirt, and the shirt alone cost $47!! Again, are you freakin' kidding me? And knowing the BSA will be around soon for Friends of Scouting just enhances my rage. Hey, I love scouts as much as the next guy. Probably more than the next guy, actually, but come on! It's ok. I have this same temper tantrum every year at this time, but usually FOS isn't compounded with a budget-breaking trip to the scout store. Deep breaths . . . deep breaths . . .
We got as many peaches picked as we could without risking bodily injury. We even sent Jack up the tree to get some of the high ones. My kitchen smells delightfully peachy, my jars are ready to go, and so the work begins tomorrow. It's Jack's birthday, too, so I'll have to do the best I can to squeeze it all in. He wants pie instead of a cake, so I'll have to make an apple pie in there somewhere. I can't believe he's 11. He had his last day at Cubs today. That made me sad, because I have so enjoyed having him in Cubs. He has had the best leaders and has learned so much.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I remember the first time Ty was called as a leader in scouts. He went down to buy a scout shirt and pants and about died! When we had the 3 girls, I thought well at least I don't have to get a 2nd mortgage to finance scouting!