Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Shredded, Premature

Shredded - Cut or torn into shreds.
September 29, 2009



It was supposed to be chicken for dinner. While looking for chicken the freezer - and finding none - I found a pork roast. That reminded me in the way, way, WAY back of my mind that I still have some sweet and sour sauce that I bottled a year or two ago. So I threw the pork roast in the crock pot at 7 in the morning, with a quart of my sweet and sour sauce and let it cook all day. At about 4 o'clock I started to shred it and it just fell apart when I poked it with a fork. I let it continue to cook until 6:30. I had made some rolls, so we had the shredded pork on the rolls with some fresh applesauce that I had made over the weekend. It was so good!


Premature - Happening or done before the normal or expected time.
September 30, 2009



It was about 85 degrees yesterday and beautiful. When I drove home from work today at 3 it was 49 degrees. And rainy off and on. I know, snow on the mountains at the end of September isn't really preamture, or even that unusual, but I'm just not ready yet. I am not prepared yet for October! My Christmas cards aren't even designed! (Ok, the design has been started, but not finished.) October beginning is giving me a small sense of panic thinking of things still undone and that Christmas will be here far too soon! I haven't even made my lists yet! Oh, dear, I feel my small sense of panic quickly evolving into a full blown anxiety attack which will manifest itself in me crying on Lane's shoulder that I have taken on too much and why does he let me do this every year? Then he calmly talks me down from the ledge as I promise that next year will be different . . . It has become the natural course of events around here, and, thankfully, he is kind enough to look away from me BEFORE he rolls his eyes.

No comments: