Monday, September 14, 2009

Treat, Homework

Homework - Work, such as school work or piecework, that is done at home.
September 13, 2009



Apparently, 1st grade is serious now! Addie brings home a folder every Monday, all full of her homework for the week, that is due back at school the following Monday. Her math mostly consists of little games with numbers and such. This one is putting random numbers in order. Isn't her handwriting just the cutest?

Treat - A source of a special delight or pleasure.
September 14, 2009


This is what was intended to be the peach pie from Saturday. Taylor wanted a peach cobler, which in her mind is actually a peach crisp. I tried to explain the difference to her, and she just kept saying, "it's the same thing!" It's not the same thing, and I don't know why she wasn't getting it. I would rather have a crisp anyway. Something about the oatmeal and brown sugar is very comforting, particularly on a night like this . . . a cold, rainy autumn night.

Oh, I'm tired tonight. 13 quarts of peaches, 10 quarts of applesauce, 2 quarts of ranch dressing, 2 basil plants dried . . . I'm exhausted! I only have 1/2 box of apples left to go. I should be able to finish that up easily tomorrow afternoon. Then I can turn my attention to getting ready for our trip. There is so much still to do! Remind me never again to take a cruise this late in the month. I don't think we've ever gone this late in September before, we usually go the 2nd week of the month. Now I see why! This is craziness! I guess that will just make the R&R that much sweeter.

2 comments:

Dan and LaVon said...

Ohh Lari you DEFINITELY need a Victorio Strainer for all those apples. From one saucer to another it is the only way to go. Good work for you and all that canning.

larifunk said...

No way! I like my applesauce "chunky" and I can't do that with one of those strainers. I do have one, I use it for tomatoes, berries, etc, but NEVER for apples! It's worth all the hard work in the end!