Monday, September 7, 2009

Accumulate, Confusing, Ready, September

Accumulate - To gather or pile up; amass.
September 4, 2009


I started to make my pile of cruise stuff in the middle-ish of August, but I finally broke out the suitcases and got my list made. Packing to go is so much fun, unpacking after the trip, well, not so much. We are now down to less than 2 weeks. I'm so ready to get away!


Confusing - Causing confusion or disorientation.
September 5, 2009
This is the pattern for my current cross-stitch project. It makes my eyes crossed to work on it for very long, and so I have to put it down and walk away a lot. What was I thinking to get a project like this? Actually, it's my mom's fault. She bought the kit (years ago, when I was young and stupid, ok, stupid-er) and I agreed to stitch it. I'm hoping to get it done by Christmas, but as often as I have to put it down, I'm not sure if that will happen or not.

Ready - Prepared or available for service, action or progress
September 6, 2009
I found out that my peaches are ready. I thought I had about another week or so, but no. They are ready now. Lane said he would get them picked tomorrow and so I guess I know what I will be doing the next few days! That's ok, I don't mind it so much. My peaches this year are a perfect size and a perfect color. So what if our garden didn't turn out so good - Lane's TLC with the peach tree has paid off!

September - the ninth month of the year
September 7, 2009



As I mentioned before, September is my favorite month of the year. Look at that beautiful blue sky, contrasted with the green leaves of the apple tree. Somehow I see a hint of silver in apple tree leaves that no one else sees, but it makes the leaves against the blue sky even prettier. Then add the green and red of the apples and it is the perfect picture of September. It's just missing a football . . .


I intended to make 2 peach pies today for the family barbecue, but due to my having too much going on at once and not thinking clearly, I ended up with 4 pies. I had prepared 2 baked pastry shells for the peach pies, before I realized that that isn't how you make a peach pie! I guess I was thinking "strawberry" pie, I don't know. Anyway, I ended up with 2 pastry shells, and nothing to go in them, but as luck would have it I had 2 boxes of vanilla pudding in the cupboard (which is really WEIRD!! I don't make pudding!), just enough coconut, and plenty of limes so I made a coconut cream pie and a key lime pie for the baked pastry shells. I hope everyone at the family bbq is in the mood for pie!

No comments: