Monday, August 31, 2009

Vexation, Mistaken, Brinner

Vexation - A source of irritation or annoyance.
August 29, 2009



Saturday is my weekly weigh in. I have been losing . . . some . . . slowly . . . painfully slowly. This week brought no loss, but also no gain. I did manage to lose about an inch and a half, though. So now I'm left with having to lose 50 lbs in 18 days. I somehow just don't think that I'm going to be able to make that happen. Oh, if I only had some will power . . .




Brinner - Breakfast for dinner
August 30, 2009
Unlike most normal people, we don't have a big Sunday dinner. We have Brinner. And Lane cooks it. We have eggs, bacon or sausage, french toast or pancakes and juice. It is the best Sunday dinner ever! Once in a while, if Lane isn't working, we have a normal Sunday dinner. But more typically our Sunday dinner is on Monday when Grandma comes for Family Night.

Mistaken - Arising from error in opinion or judgement.
August 31, 2009
I sew a lot, and because of that there is little bits of string everywhere, stuck on the carpet, stuck on my clothes, you name it. When there is a little clump of dark string like in the picture, I typically shout out "Spider!" and beat the heck out of it with a shoe or whatever is handy. This leads to shame and embarrassment when I discover that I have just killed a little wad of string. You would think by now I would be smart enough to wait to see some movement before I kill it, but I guess I'm not that smart. But I am terribly brave when confronting the string, not so much with the real spider.


1 comment:

Molly said...

Hey, I found something great! It's www.sparkpeople.com I've been doing it a week and feel really good. It has tools for tracking your fitness and your nutrition. It's free and so far above Weight Watchers. Lots of information. Lots of tools! Love it!