Thursday, August 20, 2009

Commence, Ripen

Just when I thought I had it all figured out how to ge the pictures in the right order, it's all backwards again. This is Jack and his friend Derek and Addie and her friend Anneliese walking home after a successful first day at school.



Taylor wasn't interested in having her picture taken this morning. I think she thinks that as a 9th grader, she has outgrown this little routine.

Commence - To begin; start.
August 20, 2009
However, Jack and Addie still enjoy the routine, and made sure that I didn't forget to take their picture before they left. Addie was so excited I wasn't sure that she was going to last until it was time to leave. I think last night was kinda like Christmas for her. She informed me it was the best day of her life when she came home, and told me every single detail about her big day. Jack wasn't quite so elaborate, but is delighted that all his best friends are in his class. That poor, poor teacher.


Ripen - To make or become ripe or riper; mature.
August 19, 2009
More with the grapes . . . they are almost there. If I can just keep the birds out of them! I went berry picking tonight and got a small handful of raspberries from our new plants, about 5 strawberries, and a good bunch of blackberries. Lane will finish in the morning what is likely to be the last picking. I'll get some jam made on Saturday.
I made what I hope was the FINAL trip to Walmart for school supplies (yet another $35). Taylor needed a certain type of folder, a certain type of binder, a certain calculator, a certain COLOR of highlighter, graph paper, etc. Despite my best intentions, I always end up going back for more stuff. Who uses blue highlighters anyway?




1 comment:

Kristen said...

A friend of mine said that the night before the first day of school is a mother's Christmas Eve, sounds like it was Addie's Christmas Eve too!