Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Buttery

We had hoped to go for a picnic in American Fork canyon tonight, but that didn't work out. We went ahead and had our tinfoil dinners as we had planned, but since we stayed at home I decided we needed some cheddar bay biscuits, ala Red Lobster, to go with dinner. They are so, so good and so, so easy! I don't know why I don't make them more often. Note to self - 1 dozen biscuits is NOT enough.



Cheddar Bay Biscuits
2 cups Bisquick
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
1/3 cup butter - and I do mean butter! - melted
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or granulated garlic
parsley flakes to taste

Combine bisquick, milk and cheese and beat with a wooden spoon for about 30 seconds. Spoon onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 450 for 8 minutes.




Combine melted butter, garlic and parsley. Baste biscuits with butter mixture. Return biscuits to the oven for 1-2 minutes longer. Baste with butter again. Serve warm.



Buttery - Containing or spread with butter.
August 5, 2009
My neice Kassie came over tonight to finalize the whole dress-for-the-cruise thing. I had chosen a dress, and told her I wanted it in brown. So she shows up with about 20 swatch samples and tells me to choose. Yeah, right. Now I know what brides feel like when they come into my shop and I throw the color chart at them. Anyway, she had brought a few dresses with her to check for sure on the size, and it turns out that I fell in love with a whole different dress. She had managed to bring with her a dress that she kept telling me I would like, and I kept telling her that I thought it would make me look too, um, let's just say bottom-heavy. But I tried on the dress and it fit perfectly and I instantly loved it. It is a silvery shade, she called it platinum, so it's a far cry from the brown I wanted, but it's just perfect. Thanks Kassie!
I got in my hour long work out tonight and have so far resisted having a slice of the yummy cake Kassie left here last night. I am cursed with my dad's feet, so they pretty much ache all the time, and Lane even gave me a foot rub before he went to work. What a sweetie!


No comments: